I spent part of this afternoon fixing things in my PDF splitter code.
- I learnt about virtual environments and the various choices available in Python. This was the most useful overview. I ended up choosing
pipenvwhich is also outlined here. It installs a
Pipfilein your directory which is an equivalent to the old
requirements.txtthat was previously used. This means that whenever you use
pipto install a new package, it’ll remember and update the file accordingly.
- For testing, I ended up holding off for the moment. It wasn’t immediately apparent which of the various testing suites I should be using and the examples given in places like this used strange syntax. I’ll have to tackle this later, but for now I’m putting it on hold.
- I learnt that you can make some text strikethrough (
EXAMPLE) in Markdown by enclosing the text in two tildes (
- I read about application layouts / structures and made some initial decisions about what files to include in my project. Some of this is overkill for where I am currently, but soon enough this project will expand and I’ll need a standard structure format.
Tomorrow I want to start working on my regex search-and-rename function. I’ll start by figuring out the right regex string to use for my search, then I’ll figure out how to add in
re.search into my script.